Below we explain the difference between each license category, and a quick way to determine which one you might fall into.
This pertains to our digital products only. Kits and other physical goods do not require additional licensing. One plan purchased equals one Den built, and you must buy multiple licenses to build additional Dens.
- You are a home owner or a property owner. Not a business.
- You’re using your own social security number when filling out forms
You’re building your Den…
- as an accessory dwelling to your existing house
- as a primary structure on land you own as an individual
- to host guests or family, or as a studio or workspace
- to Airbnb it a few times to cover your basic costs
- to Airbnb it full time to generate some extra cash for your family
- You are a LLC, C-corp or other business entity
- You are a general contractor
- You are a real estate or hospitality developer
- You own one or multiple hotels, event spaces or similar
- You own one or more residential properties as a commercial entity
- You’re using an EIN number when filling out forms
You’re building Den(s)
- on behalf of a client as a certified Den builder
- as part of a residential development
- as a way to drive interest in your new hospitality project
- as a way to add units to a pre-existing hotel, events space, or commercial property
- to fuel growth in your small to medium scale Airbnb business
Why are Commercial Licenses more?
As a certified Den commercial license owner you're getting:
- Designs that have been proven to attract attention
- Designs that command premium nightly rates
- Licensing costs that can be paid back quickly based on rental rates
- Licensing costs that are far more affordable than compared to hiring a traditional firm
- [Optional] Den Marketing that supports your project
Interested in learning more? You can read about our licensing terms here.
Still not sure? Or, if you are interested in volume based discounts for commercial licenses...
Reach out to a Den team member and we'll get back to you immediately.